June 12th, 2020
Hey Northlake Woods Families!
A quick reminder about the process for the retrieval of student belongings, as well as return of home reading and library books. To be clear, this is not a parent teacher conference. We are using this method / format to allow families to book times to keep everyone safe and adhere to Public Health guidelines.
Any items that are not able to be sorted or all unclaimed items will be donated and/or discarded in July.
Please find information below which outlines the health and safety practices that must be followed for curbside pick-up of your child’s belongings:
Before Coming to the School Site:
Before coming to the school it is imperative that the parent/guardian complete the Region of Waterloo Public Health COVID-19 Self-Assessment and
- Be free of COVID-19 symptoms
- Not have been in close contact with any individual diagnosed with COVID-19 or exhibiting potential COVID-19 symptoms
- If the self-assessment indicates recommendations for care/isolation, and/or the conditions a) or b) are not met, do not come to the school/site.
You will be able to select a designated date and time to arrive at the school. Please only arrive at your designated date and time. The WRDSB has an obligation to follow social gathering requirements set out by the Government of Ontario as well as the critical physical (social) distancing criteria outside and inside the facility at all times.
To book a time to retrieve Student Belongings and / or Drop Off School Items at Northlake Woods, please log into the School Day and access the Parent Conference area. Please select a time from the options provided.
When coming by Northlake Woods:
- Please enter the gym from the door / pathway off of the parking lot (on the right hand side of the main entrance). You will see red tape on the walkway for physical distancing
- When entering the school, please drop off any library books or home reading books in the bins marked “Library and Home Reading Books Drop Off” outside of the gym entrance
- When entering the gym you will see bags organized alphabetically by last name
- Please find locate the belongings by last name and exit the gym through the rear door
- Please take a look at the lost and found items on the tables outside the exit door
- Please observe all physical distancing and health guidelines at all times
Thank you for your cooperation and we will see you soon!