June 19th, 2020
Hey, kids/ teens! Waterloo Public library has it all for summer reading. Books, community, games, connections, events, prizes, and fun for everyone.
Once again, Waterloo Public Library is pleased to offer all students the opportunity to take part in exciting summer reading programs. Summer Reading Programs are free and allow students the opportunity to track their reading and stave off the infamous Summer Slide. Families can learn more by visiting wpl.ca.
Students in Kindergarten through Grade 6 (ages 5-12) will:
- Track their reading – books, magazines, ebooks, graphic novels – it’s all good!
- Participate in fun and engaging activities
- Engage with authors during special readings with Q+As
- Stay connected to their community with virtual programming
- Take part in fun challenges
- Win prizes
Students in grades 7-12 (ages 13+) will:
- Engage in learning about current events and issues in our world
- Read and review fiction, non-fiction and digital content related to these issues
- Win points towards a donation to a community of their choice
- Participate in exciting virtual programming opportunities
- Make change for a better world